The forum was unbelievably helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. The information and support was great, and made me realise I am not alone. - Kate
Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) presents free information forums across Australia for people living with breast cancer and their
See more information on upcoming forums and themes below.
Regional and rural forums for women, men and their families affected by breast cancer are made possible thanks to the support of the Australian Government.
Hobart information forum
The forum will highlight the medical, physical and emotional aspects of living well after a breast cancer diagnosis. There will be a separate session for people living with metastatic (secondary, advanced, stage 4) breast cancer.
Refreshments and a light lunch will be served.
- Dr Ben Forster, Medical Oncologist
- Jane Fletcher, Psycho Oncologist
- Raelene Boyle
Thursday 28 September 2017
Wrest Point, 410 Sandy Bay Rd, Sandy Bay 7005
Registrations and arrival refreshments from 9.15 am. Forum from 9.45 am – 2.45 pm.
Parking is available for free underneath the venue.
If there is enough interest BCNA is able to provide a bus from Launceston to Hobart return with pick up locations to be determined.
Gold Coast younger women living with breast cancer information forum
This forum will explore issues that younger women often experience after a breast cancer diagnosis.
These include challenges such as managing side effects, fertility and pregnancy after breast cancer, breast reconstruction, relationships, sexual wellbeing and managing the fear that cancer may one day return.
- Dr Catherine Shannon, Medical Oncologist
- Dr Daniel de Viana, Breast and Endocrine Surgeon
- Dr Jemma Gilchrist, Clinical Psychologist
- Janine Porter-Steele, Clinical Nurse Manager
Saturday 7 October 2017
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, 71 Sea World Drive, Main Beach QLD 4217
Registration from 12.30 pm. Information session from 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Afternoon tea will be provided
- Complimentary self-parking in the resort’s underground car park. Entrance as you approach the front of the resort. Attendees are welcome to park in any available space.
- There is a bus stop directly out the front
- There is a taxi rank directly across the road from the resort